Tuesday 5 February 2008

After Chinese New Year, suddenly my work load seems to rise rapidly. I couldn't keep up and there's too much to be done. Further more, I still have a debate to compete in. This wasn't the usual debates I took part in, it's the try-outs for the school team. I couldn't just let it go, it's a great opportunity for me to get out and watch how people, real debaters, debate in a real tournament. Anyway, the try-outs are on Tuesday, so me, Wooi King and Corrinne stayed back after school on Monday. To be exact, we stayed back not to discuss (okay... so maybe a little) but to chit-chat... And well, talk about our teenage troubles and feelings... Corrinne, obviously her troubles were always that... Wooi King, haha, he won't tell... And me, as usual, him... Corrinne and Wooi King knew about that obviously, and Corrinne's advice, be harsh, don't show that you feel sorry for him, just be harsh. At first I was reluctant, but then, hey, he's not bothering me yet, maybe I wouldn't need to be harsh after all, but on Valentine's Day, oh yeah, I finally cracked...

Valentine's Day this year, was... somewhat a little more sweeter than last year... At least this year I had someone to share it with, I'm still single of course, but spending Valentine's Day with a best friend, and maybe something more than that, is definitely sweeter rather than spending it alone... A simple 'Happy Valentine's Day' was enough, just enough to turn a hectic day and a miserable me, to smile... But he had to ruin it. All he had to do was to just pester me continously and it's ruined... ARGH! I never realized how much I hated him until now, I thought we could maybe try to be friends again, not best friends or good friends, but still, friends... And he took the wrong message! I can't believe it! I'd told him that we were just friends, and he still chose not to give up. I know some people will consider it an act of enormous courage, but has he ever thought of my feelings? Has he ever realized that it might seriously damaged what little was left between us? Has he ever stopped to think how much it can affect my life? NO! He just did it because he thought it was romantic not to give up and that perhaps one day I'll look back and realized he's the best! But it only makes me think that how immature he can be! He has never stopped to think about what is better for all of us, he just did it just because it suited him! He likes it! Well I don't. And this Valentine's Day, I make sure I stop that once and for all...

From Wednesday to Thursday my inbox was full of his what so ever Valentine's messages. From something like 'You still don't know that I love you' to the ever old-fashioned 'I love you'. I kept wondering who pays his phone bills? His parents? If it is then I hope he got into big trouble for sending too many text messages. Anyway, he got even more daring and started trying to strike up a conversation with me by sending messages like 'Good evening, I'm bored. What are you doing?' (which is what he sent to me EVERYDAY!!!) I didn't reply back (why should I? I'm not going to waste money text messaging him with nothing to say and facing an annoying guy) He got bolder, maybe angrier, and sent another one 'Are you there????' Excuse me?! Who is he to talk to me like that? Who is he to think that he can control me? He's had it once and he still wants to play with fire, well fine, giving him a piece of my mind wouldn't hurt. So I sent back a text message. 'Wat?! Wat do you want? Say it fast and say it now. I still have other things to worry without having you to add on my troubles.' And guess what that 'courageous' dummy said? 'I can tell you are not happy right now. I'll talk to you later.' Oh that FOOL! 'Why, suddenly you are not as stupid as you seemed, and that's not a compliment. Suddenly you can tell I'm not happy to talk to you whereas everyday you still try to pester me. So fine, I'll come clean. No, I'm not happy to talk to you, I tried to be friends but this is stupid, so no, we are not friends, nothing else. And oh please, I know why you kept sending messages to me today. You just wanted me to wish you Valentine's Day, but no, I won't. I don't see the point of it and it would be just wasting my time. Other than that, we have nothing else to talk about, so, goodbye.' See?! I was so harsh to him, haha, and he never reply! I suceeded in making him go away! Go me, go me, haha... I know I felt somewhat bad, but hey, if this kind of action allows me to get rid of a pest, then why not? So overall, this Valentine's Day, really was something special...

No comments: